Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weather/clothing in Jan.?

Thanks to other posts have lined up place to stay and many good suggestions re eating and getting around.





I notice temps seem to be in low 70s and wondering if shorts/capri/tshirt type of weather and if people swim at this time of year. Since coming from north will have some heavier layers to come and go that can be used for cooler nights but assuming this is warm weather in daytime. Given weather unpredictability am I generally right about this?



Weather/clothing in Jan.?


You are correct. We can get into the high 70%26#39;s low 80%26#39;s, but generally temps hang in the mid 70%26#39;s this time of year (get a few days of temps in the 60%26#39;s). Can get cool breezes from the north also. Just have a light windbreaker and sweatshirt for cooler weather, but capris should be fine. I persoanlly do not go in the water uless it is over 80, but that%26#39;s just me. A lot of travelers do go in though.



Weather/clothing in Jan.?


Thanks - temps sound very appealing as it is blowing snow out today in Ottawa and very cold. I%26#39;m not a big swimmer and more inclined to sit or walk on beach but will throw in bathing suit anyway.




The temperatures sound very appealing to me too. I%26#39;m going to head back down next week. My husband and sons went swimming in the ocean yesterday for a polar bear club. The temperataure was only 17 degrees at Coney Island, NY





I%26#39;m personally not a swimmer but if you do go in please be careful because the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea is not life guard protected. I think they do post the water conditions at the beach in the area of Commercial. If it is windy there is greater risk of riptides so you will want to know what to do if you get caught in one. Don%26#39;t try to swim to shore, swim parallel to the beach until you are out of the rip and then swim in. I don%26#39;t mean to be an alarmist but I want everyone to have a safe trip.





If you go to sunny.org there are a few beach webcams and you can see for yourself the swimmers. The cameras are located further south of LBTS but you will get the general idea of how the beach is that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment