Monday, April 23, 2012

BCS National Championship Game - Jan 8, 2009

I am looking to book hotel rooms near the Orange Bowl staduim. Any reccomendations? I%26#39;d prefer a modest, natioanl chain hotel, definitely a safe place to stay. Also, I plan to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and take a cab or shuttle into Miami. Any shuttle service reccomendations? Tyring to be cost-conscious! I appreciate your insight and suggestions!



BCS National Championship Game - Jan 8, 2009


That game is not played in the Orange Bowl- it is played in Dolphins Stadium which is in an entirely different location. I would caution you not to choose the hotel closest to it, the El Palacio, which is not a nice place at all. I think you might find some other hotels nearby in Miramar, but in general the area where the stadium is located is not very nice.



BCS National Championship Game - Jan 8, 2009


I should add that the Orange Bowl Stadium no longer exists - it was closed and all the seating etc removed in March 2008- I don%26#39;t know if it has been completely demolished yet or not, but it is no longer in use for anything.





The Hilton Garden Inn in Miramar is 6 miles from Dolphin Stadium and about 20 miles from Ft. Lauderdale Airport ( FLL). There may be other lodging closer, but I am not very familiar with that araeea . The Stadium is actually just about on the county line between Miami Dade County and southwest Browward County , where Ft. Lauderdale is located. I know you could take a GO Shuttle van from FLL but I%26#39;m going to guess it would be at least $25 each way and I know of no reliable public transportation to the stadium. There has been none during this football season for Dolphins games or for the Marlins baseball games that I am aware of.




Not sure what your budget is, but a nice hotel that is relatively close to Dolphin Stadium is the Westin Diplomat Resort in Hallandale. The hotel is 12 miles from the stadium, which is not far for miami standards. Its right on the beach so you can enjoy that too. I also know that in 2006 Florida State and 2005 USC state stayed in the hotel. I hopes this helps.




Shula%26#39;s Hotel %26amp; Golf Club is located in Miami Lakes and is just 10 minutes from Dolphin Stadium. It is the perfect place to stay when coming to Miami for football, hence Shula%26#39;s. It%26#39;s also close to both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports. A cab is probably your best bet to get there.




The ';Orange Bowl'; is no longer played in the Orange Bowl which no longer exists. It is played at Dolphin Stadium which is closer to Ft. lauderdale Airport than it is to downtown Miami. Shula%26#39;s, The Holiday Inn - Dolphin Stadium, %26amp; El Palacio are the three closest inhabitable hotels %26amp; will all be booked up early by player%26#39;s families, school %26amp; team flacks, reporters etc., as are likely to be the Hotels/Motels in Miramar. El Palacio I know %26amp; maybe the Holiday Inn %26amp; some of the others will have a shuttle to the game.





If you can%26#39;t find something available in the Miramar area (which incidentally is a dull, inland residential suburb) I%26#39;d suggest looking in Sunny Isles or the Ft. Lauderdale area near the airport.




I work in a Marriott hotel near Miami International Airport. We offer round trip transportation to the Orange bowl game and the UF OU game let me know




We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard Miami Oceanfront....



Need transportation to OU-UF game on Jan 8.



Can you suggest a shuttle service or other means of transportation to the game?





Thank you!



reunioncch@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment