Monday, April 23, 2012

Just returned today from Disney, had a good time, but....

I got to see the MK christmas parade, which was the hightlight of my trip, however, never again will I visit during christmas, at least I will not be returning to MK. Animal Kingdom was great, but MK, forget it! I was so annoyed, I almost missed that wonderful parade, I am glad I stuck around for that!





I will be posting a trip report with pictures later, stay tuned.....



Just returned today from Disney, had a good time, but....


did you see it posted somewhere that it *wouldn%26#39;t* be crowded?



Just returned today from Disney, had a good time, but....


Christmas week is the #1 busiest time of the entire year.





You may want to try visiting in early December if you want to skip the massive crowds. You still get all the holiday stuff without the crowds.




we went from the 6th to the 19th and it was great hardley any crowds think the longest wait time we had was the toy story ride which was 70 minutes




1st two weeks in Dec are fantastic - the decorations are up, the Xmas themes in place %26amp; its desserted....





I%26#39;d seriously think of turning down a free day at MK at Xmas... I couldn%26#39;t handle the crowds.




I was warned, we knew what to expect when we got there, but my goodness!!!!





We are planning a return trip, sometime next year for a short wknd, because we did not get to see Disney Hollywood.




Just thinking - will some of the magic start to rub off if we get more critical posts like this one.





I would have thought that with thousands mingling full of festive spirit then the whole experience would have been heightened not diminished. Sadly the days of my contemplating a 70 minute wait for anything have now gone - how can the entertainment value be good enough to justify such a period of comparitive inactivity - unless of course it is watching Chelsea at the moment




Like you I made the same mistake once.....Once was enough. We always booked the first week of March, but could not take the kids out of school that week anymore. I booked the first week of April....OK before I knew all the information I do now. I figured the schools up north are not on vacation how crowded can it be? It was crowded!!!! I did not realize when I booked it that the southern schools are off that week. Duh!! I figured all schools in the U.S had the same week as we did. Before I going I found this forum, which warned me. We made the best of it. We had 5 days in disney which would of been long enough since we have gone to disney several times. It was not. We took breaks every afternoon to escape the crowds or join them at the water parks (for some reason crowds are easier to deal with when getting wet is involved).





After a week or so you will feel better about not getting to do everything you wanted. Like you we immediately tried figuring out when we could go again. It would of been the beginning of December but we had to change it to the last week of February.





I too love AK.




It was our first time at disney and didnt know fast passes were free (i know im thick) so we waited the 70 minutes as the kids wanted to go on toy story however after that the fast passes were used lol




The trip itself was fine, we had a great time, but MK was just unbearable most of the time.




That is what my husband said, we ended up going to magic kingdom in the morning and then left when crowds were heavy. I remember walking towards splash mountain one afternoon about 3:00 and where you step down it was wall to wall people. My husband made a comment and a guy next to him agreed. We spent most of that afternoon on the train and the transit authority with our then 2 year old while our older kids stood in lines. We then avoided afternoons in MK the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment