Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Follow-up on Winter in Destin

Hi to all:





In May 2008 I posted a few questions on this forum under a title ';Wintertime in Destin, FL. This is a follow-up to that original posting.





Back in May 2008, I was thinking about spending the winter in Destin.





Now it%26#39;s winter and I%26#39;m in Destin. See, I listened to you guys.





I want to thank everyone who provided info and help about Destin.





I remember that Semco gave me some very good ';meteorological'; information that Destin was warmer than Missouri. And that was right. Absolutely right.





And special THANKS to RJSTLOUIS77 who meet me at a Panera BreadCo in St. Louis and provided info and maps.





Then there were reply postings from sandywhite, thinkin%26#39;vacation, JoeMammy, the bbqman, and many others.





Thanks to all for your help.





Everyone on this forum was really great, hope to meet some of you in person sometime.





Destin is a really great place in winter. I%26#39;ve noticed that it is warmer than Missouri !!!!!!!!!







proftom



Follow-up on Winter in Destin


I remember your original post. Where did you decide to stay and do you like it? Could you also tell us what you have been doing, what places you%26#39;ve been to, where you%26#39;ve eaten out and anyhting else you%26#39;d like to share? That way others thinking about a winter vacation would have a better idea of what it%26#39;s like. Thanks.



Follow-up on Winter in Destin


We arrived on Jan 1, 2009.





Our activity for the first day was unpacking all the stuff we brought. Next year (and we do plan on returning next year) we will bring a lot less stuff.





We are staying at the SunDestin Resort and condo. We are on the 16th floor. We really like this place and have a gulf front view that is really great.





This morning we walked on the beach. The temperature got up to 70 degrees today. After our walk on the beach, we drove around the town to get a feel where everything was located. We had a great idea to go the the Wal-Mart Super Store and get food for lunches. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same great idea so the place was jammed. But we survived and made it back to the SunDestin with all our groceries.





This evening we had a nice meal at the Back Porch restaurant, nice informal place located right on the beach with good view of the gulf. I had an appetizer of oysters covered with crab met and cheese and baked. Then I had calamari which I dearly love.





So that%26#39;s the report on our first two days.





And I%26#39;ve noticed that it is warmer than Missouri.





proftom

No comments:

Post a Comment