Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going to the parks- early vs later ?

Hi everyone, last year we came for 2 weeks and on the days we visited parks I, like a true Drill Sargent, had everyone up at 7am. We had fun but there were lots of moans and groans getting up so early. But I liked getting in a few big rides while the waits were shorter.





One day we decided to sleep in and go to IOA later and I regretted it. It was during a busier time of year but it was INSANE. On the other day we visisted IOA we went early and it was much nicer.





Just wondering if anyone has had success arriving at the park mid to late afternoon when the early birds tire out? (WE never did tire out, we went from dawn til midnight everyday but our kids are a bit older :o)





...Of course, this only works on the days the parks are open later. Obviously if AK closes at 6pm showing up at 3pm doesnt make much sense.





Thanks!



Going to the parks- early vs later ?


Sometimes we go over to the parks around 5 or 6pm for dinner. We find that it is slower in the evening. Not always, but a lot of the time.





Also, right after lunch a lot of kids get tired so their parents take them back for that afternoon nap. This time between lunch and them coming back out to the park for dinner can be nice too.





It really depends on the time of year and number of guests. I%26#39;m sure others will be able to tell you their experiences too.



Going to the parks- early vs later ?


Sorry, but I must subscribe to being the ';drill sergeant'; and be at the parks ready to go at rope drop each morning.





I can%26#39;t stand long que lines, though.





I don%26#39;t know anyone who has success by waiting later in the day, especially during very busy times of the year.




I agree with Kat. I like the drill sgt. approach. Like I told my husband, ';If you wanted to relax, you should%26#39;ve stayed home.';





Disney is not for relaxing. You%26#39;re there to soak up as much fun and magic as you can and I just don%26#39;t see how you can accomplish that task by dozing in bed. I am a rise at 5, push on through the afternoon groggies and tough it out till closing kind of girl. I have a maximize everything mentality. This tends to drive my family a little crazy sometimes, but in the end, they are more grateful for the extra experiences than they would have been for the extra z%26#39;s. (and that%26#39;s traveling with 3 children under 7.)





Disney is not a regular experience for us. February will be our 3rd trip since April %26#39;05. I like to make the most out of our visits. The more memories I have, the easier it is to be patient until we are blessed with a return visit.





I will admit, though, that I come from parents who are big believers in the afternoon nap, but by the end of the trip they are no less tired than I am. And I%26#39;m all the happier for having wasted nothing.




I just love to be the odd one out but we allways go to the waterparks at 10.30am then go to the parks at 2.30pm, never had problem we find most people have moved round by the time we start ,plus were not big parade watchers so the 3pm parade leaves the rides free for us .



Weve been at different times of the year and it works for us plus everyone gets a lie in lol.




But Nemmis,





having been to FL 80 times you may have seen and done it all lol. And lots of Americans come for 3-5 days, not 2/3 weeks. I suspect it is different for just a few days.





I say, if you are coming for a week or less, you should go Drill Sarg on them. I too believe there is no point in paying for airfare/gas then a hotel and park tickets and lying in bed and getting there at noon. Complete waste of cash. If you want that sort of holiday go to a beach somewhere (I advise the caribbean) or in these days of the Crunch, stay home and sleep for a week.





But, unlike the PP I do not say go early and stay all day everyday. I say go early and leave at 5 pm for the day (or before- with AK I was done by 1pm), or go early and leave by 1-3 pm depending on the park with a view to returing for evening activities if required/wanted. Go back, have a swim/sun/nap then return.





But, if you are staying at a disney resort, and get extra magic hours at night- these are the people I have heard who have success in seeing/riding things later on.




Thunder Mountain Railroad is a whole new ride at night .




You will either have to forego the most popular rides or stand in long lines for them. Fastpasses (at Disney parks) will be long gone by noon. We went this past year, week after Thanksgiving. Arrived at Hollywood Studios late, seems like it may have been around 5:00; went straight to the new and very popular Toy Story Mania. 50-minute wait! We decided to wait until the day guests had left the park, and only the Extra Magic Hours people were there. 70-minute wait then! So, I%26#39;m in the drill-sergeant camp. Go full speed ahead on park days.




We only go to the parks early during holiday periods like Thanksgiving. Otherwise,we go about noon-even if the parks close relatively early. Epcot is always open until 9:30 at least so we go there at the end of the day and 9 hours in the parks is plenty for us.When we go early,we leave at noon and come back a couple of hours later-can%26#39;t do the dawn till midnight thing.


  • lotion cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment