Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Food Prices

We are all talkig about airfares,car hire and hotel prices but my question is what about the food ,are the portions being cut down are prices rising are the best cuts of meat being replaced with cheaper bits have the supermarkets pushed prices up.



Food is a big part of my allowance on holiday over 3 weeks so whats happining please, do i need to increase my dollar count.





Food Prices


Nemmis:





I went to an Olive Garden for the first time in the Boston area. I highly recomment it and you cannot beat the prices.





I googled Olive Garden it is seems there are several in Orlando.





Food Prices


Nemmis, I think you may ';just'; break even on your next Holiday. Food Prices are up a bit but you have saved some $ on the Villa :)



For my next Holiday I will spend the same on food, $37.99 per day and will eat the same wonderful meals I always look forward to ( one of the reasons I keep going back to you know where )



At home, we have increased our food budget because prices have gone up and to balance it out, have turned our heat down 5 degrees. I%26#39;m not giving up Yummy Meals, I%26#39;ll just put a sweater on and some wooly socks :)




partypa so it doesnt sound to bad at the moment .




I think alot of people ( well, some people on the forum ) always make things %26#39;sound%26#39; worse then they really are.




I really haven%26#39;t noticed that much of a difference in food prices. Food prices in grocery stores have fluctuated in recent months with gas prices, but most restaurants that WE frequent have either not increased prices at all or have done so very minimally.




Nemmis- I think now that the gas is down the prices are a bit lower for groceries. Most restaurants knew not to jack up prices due to gas prices because they would have no customers. The one thing I have noticed is less employees, at least here in Connecticut. I am sure it is the same in Florida.





Olive Garden must be cheap, we tried stopping there when one of our favorite italian places was closed and the parking lot was filled...and it was a big parking lot. This was a Tuesday night. I have yet to eat at a olive garden.




We%26#39;re just back and to be honest due to the poor exchange rate 1.40 pounds to $1 I did actually find the food and restaurants to be pretty expensive, you may be lucky though, just watch the exchange!!





Average restaurant, average portion, average quality - 5 people (2 adults, 3 teens);



one course and one drink (no alcohol!)per person;



-total bill including tax $85 - $110





hope that gives you some idea for your budget.





:-)




nemmis,



if you eat most of your meals out, i really don%26#39;t think you will notice that big of an increase. where you will notice it is at the supermarket.





i agree with the other poster that restaurants are cautious to raise their prices too much, hence no business, but the grocery stores and the companies are out of control. companies are decreasing the size of their products and not rasing prices. for example, ice cream used to be 1/2 gallon, now you get 1.75 liter for the same price of the half gallon.





to put things in proper perspective, i have 5 in my family and my most expensive bill every month is food. higher than my mortgage- and we don%26#39;t eat out too much. maybe pizza once every 2 weeks. it%26#39;s disgusting.





hope this helps.




Hi Nemmis,





Been here in Orlando for the last month. The prices in supermarkets are up from last year. Restaurant prices are up slightly. Fast food prices seem to have risen more than I expected.





Best money-saving tip for eating out is the Entertainment Book. Buy before you go from ebay, or from several outlets here in Orlando including Bed Bath and Beyond on I-Drive. Loads of ';buy one, get one free'; vouchers.




The Entertainment Book is a very well-established business, available for most medium-sized to large cities.





Olive Garden tends to be busy anywhere. It can be helpful to do an early dinner.





Carrabba%26#39;s is a chain somewhat similar to Olive Garden.





Orlando has an abundance of local restaurants. The Orlando Sentinel newspaper website can provide some guidance and of course Google Maps is good at finding locations.





Publix supermarkets provide good sub sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment